Ashrama maintains a shrine where daily worship and vesper services are performed. The spacious prayer hall provides serene and calm atmosphere for meditation and prayer. Daily in morning and evening prayer and bhajans are conducted. Songs composed by Swami Vivekananda on Sri Ramakrishna is sung daily in the evening. Bhajans and Hymns composed by various saints in Tamil, Kannada, Sanskrit and Bengali are also sung daily. Vedic chanting, Upanishad Chanting and Bhagavad Gita chanting is done in the morning prayer. A number of devotees visit the shrine daily and take part in prayer etc., besides the boys staying in the Hostel. Ram-nam is conducted on Ekadasi days.
Prayer Hall Timings
- 5.00 am to 12.00 noon
- 3.30 pm to 8.00 pm
- 5.30 am Mangalarati
- 6.00 am to 6.15 Morning Prayer
- 8.00 am to 9.00 am Daily Puja
- 6.30 pm to 7.00 pm Evening Worship and Prayer
- EKADASI DAYS - (Ramnam Sankirtan after evening Arati)
Every year the Birthday Celebration of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda is celebrated. The celebration will consists of :
- Mangalarati, Suprabhatam, Vedic Chanting.
- Special Puja and Bhajans.
- Talk in English.
- Talk in Tamil.
- Prasad Distribution.
- Aratrikam & Bhajans.
Birthdays of monastic disciples of Sri Ramakrishna and other religious founders and incarnations are also celebrated throughout the year in a simple manner with special puja and offering, and prasad distribution in the evening. Details of the festivals can be seen in the Festival Calendar.
Vidyarthi Homa is performed every year welcoming the new boys. The Boys take the following vows of student career based on the values of life.
- Body is the first (Primary) means of practising Dharma' - In view of this dictum of wisdom I shall try my best through observance of health-rules to keep the body healthy and capable of hard labour.
- Students must undergo the austerity called study'. In view of this advise of smritis, I shall try my best to devote myself to studies in a disciplined manner in order to bring out my talent.
- 'Truth alone wins, and not untruth. By truth is maintained for ever the path called Devayana (the path of Gods)'. Comprehending this vedic dictum ,I shall try my best to be truthful in mind, speech and body.
- 'One who considers others' interests as his own , is the great one among the good people.' - In view of this utterance of great men, I shall try to shelve all the impure tendencies born of my selfishness like mean mindedness, cruelty, hypocrisy (showyness) etc., and try to inculcate in myself catholicity, humility, respect for others, love for the country, dedication to the service of man as God.
- Well-managed and well directed power of unity is the only means to achieve the good of the society. Therefore "Be thou all of one mind, be thou all of one thought, speak thou in one voice" - Comprehending this vedic dictum, which dictates the establishment of unity and evokes the power of integration, I shall resort to honest means and try to get all of us properly united.
Weekly classes and lectures on spiritual topics are given by the monks of the Ramakrishna Order. On every Sunday Bhagavad Gita Lecture at 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm is given. Lectures are also given by the eminent monks from the other centers of the Ramakrishna Order on various scriptures and spiritual topics frequently.
Discourses in Youtube Link : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG7ZY9GLoz3R-_qlAX8ZEvg/featured