Every candidate who joins the course has to view this course from this standpoint of fulfilling his or her place in society.
Batches (In Year)
Second Batch: October to December.
Third Batch: January to April.
Note: Schedule is subject to change.(Special training programmes may be organized, if possible, during the period for Effective Communication Skills, Group Discussions, etc.)
- The above fee structure is subject to change with increase in the cost of text books.
- The tuition fee is not refundable once the classes commence.
- However, only the course material fee will be refunded if the candidate applies in writing for discontinuing the course for personal reasons.
- Alternatively, the candidate can join the next session after 3 months by special permission given by the Co-ordinator.
Every student will be given an Identity Card, which must be shown without fail to the staff while entering the class every time.
The following points may be noted:
2. Its loss must be immediately reported to the office.
3. A duplicate card will be issued on a payment of Rs.100/- only.
In order to create a feeling of belonging to a group with a common purpose, an Induction Ceremony will be held in the Ashrama premises before the classes commence.During the Induction Ceremony, Faculty Members will be introduced to the candidates of the course. And the rules and regulations of the Ashrama will be made clear to the candidates.Attendance to the ceremony is compulsory.
SCHEDULE AND TIMINGS
Classes will be held in the Ashrama Premises.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
You are probably at the Intermediate Level if . . .
You are probably at the Advanced Level if . . .
The success of our Spoken English Course is due to:
- Sincere and dedicated service of the monks, faculty members and the staff of the Ashrama.
- Serene and sanctifying atmosphere of the Ashrama.
- Self-discipline, sincerity, punctuality, regularity and co-operation of the students.
Some Important Points:
- Please submit the application form and fees, only if you can adhere to the class timings and be regular.
- Minimum educational qualification for joining the course is a pass in Higher Secondary or equivalent Diploma.
- A bell is rung 10 minutes before the classes. Students have to assemble in the prayer hall in an orderly manner, with their Identity Cards and Prayer Books in hand.
- Prayer Book and ID Card MUST be shown to the Staff or volunteers before entering the Prayer Hall. Students without ID Card and Prayer Book will not be permitted to attend the classes.
- Students will attend the classes only in the section allotted to them. Any change in the section or the batch will not be permitted or encouraged.
- Girls and boys will sit separately in the classroom.
- Students must spend at least one hour daily, revising the lessons at home. Any given assignments should be completed before attending the next class. Students must bring their textbooks to the classes.
- Strict silence is to be maintained in the Prayer Hall and while moving in the premises.
- The Medium of Instruction is in English only.
- In case of any difficulty or problem, students can individually contact the Co-ordination to redress their problems.
- The above list is not exhaustive and is subject to additions and alterations by the Co-ordination without any prior notice.
- Punctuality is very essential. Late-coming or abstaining from the classes will lead to losing of marks.
- Good manners and behavior are expected at all times.
- The use of cell phones, recorders, cameras, radios are strictly prohibited within the campus during the class hour.
- We expect the students to take the above guidelines seriously, sincerely and in a positive spirit. Because, it is an opportunity for them to develop their character and personality through self-discipline and self-effort.
- The Ashrama reserves the rights of continuing the course to any candidate transgressing its codes of behavior.
The students may contact the Librarian for other details.
Swami Vivekananda on Language
Language is the vehicle of ideas. It is the ideas that are of prime importance, language comes after.Human language is the attempt to express the truth that is within.
Language is the chief means and index of a nation’s progress.
What we need, you know, is to study, independent of foreign control, different branches of the knowledge that is our own, and with it the English language and Western science; we need technical education and all else that may develop industries so that men, instead of seeking for service, may earn enough to provide for themselves, and save something against a rainy day.
My success is due to my popular style – the greatness of a teacher consists in the simplicity of his language.
Simplicity is the secret. My ideal of language is my Master’s language, most colloquial and yet most expressive. It must express the thought which is intended to be conveyed