One of the important principal idea which Swami Vivekananda combined with the monastic life, which he learned from his master Sri RAmakrishna Paramahamsa was 'to serve Jiva as Shiva'. Instead of serving the suffering and needy out of pity if served as living god' ,Such an attitude helps both the giver and the recipient. Swamiji said, ' He who sees Shiva in the poor, in the weak and thee diseased, really worships Shiva; and .... with him Shiva is more pleased than with the man who sees Him only in temples.
Swamiji's ideas serve as directive principles in Ramakrishna Missions's service and welfare programmers. The Ashrama does following welfare activities.
- Butter milk Distribution: During the month of May every year, buttermilk is distributed to the wayfarers. on an average, 2500 people are served daily.
- Annadana: 180 Children of our Nursery and Primary School, which caters to the underprivileged class, are served with Noon meal on all the working days.
- Vidyadana: Educational Help: About Rs. 3 lakes is given as Educational help to the children studying in the School under the Ashrama.
- Scholarship: About Rs 50,000 is given as merit cum means scholarship to needy children every year.
- Hostel Facilities: Free Hostel Facilities and concession in hostel fees are provided to the tune of Rs. 1 lakh to about 10 students.